13 Mar 2017
Local tourism in Catalunya. Discovering the Territory
A territory to explore, with a wide offer of Sea, Mountain and Inland Tourism.
On the one hand the inland regions of Barcelona hide many places where living in harmony with nature is still possible. A territory that invites you to discover chapels, castles and historic relics from different periods.
And on the other, the sea is the starting point of a territory where you can enjoy very intense sensations. With its unique modernist heritage, its breathtaking natural areas and a strong tradition of wine tourism.
In contrast, nature lovers can find a captivating landscape with spectacular mountains and a land of myths and legends. Discover the region through its country life, gastronomic delights and outdoor activities.
Some travel ideas for group or family sharing:
- Osona is a land where the past and the present shake hands tightly. Traces of the shepherds, bandits and soldiers who travelled down its tracks are perceived as clearly as their stories.
- The Bages region strong character is defined by its wheat fields and vines, small hamlets with cobbled streets and over a thousand metres high peaks. It is a land full of contrasts in the heart of Catalonia.
- This is a land of farmers, sailors and artists, who live both with the peace of nature and the din of the party. In El Garraf region you can discover beaches, curious limestone landscapes and some interesting modernist heritage
- Among beaches and peaks, the Maresme region is the quintessential Mediterranean paradise. An ideal place for water sports, with many alternative activities to also enjoy the mountains.
- Inviting hiking trails for you to slip on your walking boots. A short distance from Barcelona, there are 16 natural parks, where you can go to enjoy the countryside.
- An alternative to the usual mountain destinations. In Pirineus Barcelona, follow in the footsteps of the Cathars. A trans-Pyrenean route that goes from the Sanctuary of Queralt in Berga to Château de Montségur in the French department of Ariège
Transport. Very necessary in the tourist activities.
Tourism has become a daily element in our lives. In the last 25 years the number of people travelling around the world has experienced a deep and constant growth.
Amidst this growth in tourism destinations, Barcelona has become into one of the most visited cities in the world. And not only Barcelona, Catalonia and Spain are also target destinations in the tourism market.
With over 50 years of experience in the passengers bus transportation field, Avant Grup is an integral platform for smart logistics management related to people’s mobility.
Our management systems offer effective and efficient solutions to the biggest demands on the transportation market.